Quiet Mark-certified fridges
Noisy fridges can be a real headache, so make sure you choose the strong, silent type
Whether you work from home or simply value a peaceful environment, quiet fridges make all the difference. These models meet Quiet Mark’s strict criteria…
In partnership with Quiet Mark
During a hot summer, your fridge is working overtime to keep your food and drinks cool and fresh. But with kitchens now a social hub in many houses – and with lots of us working close to our kitchens, if not in them – a quiet fridge pays dividends.
These six fridges, across a range of sizes and budgets, have all achieved Quiet Mark certification:
- At the top end of the budget is LG’s dramatic GMX844MCKV multi-door fridge freezer, which is feature packed with wi-fi, linear cooling and a touch display.
- The Hotpoint H7T 911T MX H is at the other end of the spectrum in terms of price, but is sleek, quiet and boasts ‘no frost’ technology, meaning you’ll never have to defrost the freezer.
- For those wanting an integrated solution, the Liebherr Sign 3576 is just a freezer, but one that punches above its weight.
- When it comes to smaller options, the Bush MUCFR55BLK Retro under counter freezer has a vintage vibe and a great A++ energy rating.
- The Lec R5517W has a low noise output, a 107 litre fridge and a 16l freezer.
- For pure under-the-counter refrigeration, the John Lewis & Partners JLUCLFW6013 larder fridge won’t shake the rafters in terms of volume and has a door that can be hinged on either side, ideal for any kitchen layout.
Introducing Quiet Mark
Quiet Mark have been championing quiet domestic products – and more – since 2012, with only the quietest achieving their prestigious mark. They celebrate great acoustic design and assess the decibel levels of countless products. Buzzy fridges are a common issue – only approximately 25% of the refrigerators available meet their stringent criteria.
If you’re looking for a fridge that won’t drown out your Zoom meeting or your latest home schooling session, look no further.